Friday 28 April 2017

Car birthday card

Hello there,
I've made a couple of variations of this card, one is a plain flat card, the other has a diagonal cut front to it. Men can be difficult to make for and  generally seem to use cars, sport or wine! The plan one was quite quick and easy to make - good job as I was finishing it off the day before the birthday. I had a bit more time for the other so decided to tray the cut front.

It's an 8 x 8 white card blank matted and layered with a dark green mat and a light green, linen effect metallic card - I thought they picked out the colours in the car. The image is from the Hunkydory Little Book of Everything and has been matted onto the green card, then fixed to the card front using foam pads for dimension.
The embellishments are cogs cut from black card using X-Cut dies, and the sentiment is a Craftwork Cards one layered on to a light green then a dark green mat, both cut using the cogs dies.

I'm quite pleased with this design and have made another plain version one already, and hope you like it too. I've a couple more male birthdays this year so can see me making more like this.

If you've time to leave a comment I'd really appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment