Tuesday 21 July 2015

First Christmas card!

Hello there,
I thought I'd better make a start on my Christmas cards so I dug out my Christmas stash to have a rummage through, flicked through some magazines and checked out some challenge blogs for inspiration. I made this one with a topper I'd had lying around for ages, and used some cute patterned backing paper with reindeer and a sleigh from a Bo Bunny paper pad which came free with a magazine to layer it on to. I matted and layered them on to gold mirror card and then a red card blank. I finished it off with a few poinsettias - one of the most famous Christmas flowers. One down - only a few dozen more still to go!

Thanks for stopping by, if you'd like to leave a comment that would be great.

I'm entering this for the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog: Traditional Christmas Colours
My Time to Craft Challenge Blog: Christmas in July
Jingle Belles: Old-fashioned Christmas
Pile it on: Christmas/Winter in July
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

8 comments:

  1. Hi Claire
    Great card. I love the backing paper and the topper. A very traditional cChristmas card, perfect for the challenge at Winter Wonderland. Thank you so much for joining us.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this traditional Christmas card - perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo hoo!! Your first Christmas card of the season and a GORGEOUS one at that!! Lovely Santa image! Thanks so much for joining us for Christmas in July at My Time to Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love a vintage Santa ... and the sleigh with the reindeer are perfectly placed ... so very glad you joined our Old Fashioned Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snowy scene and lovely backing paper. Thanks so much for sharing at CHN Christmas extra look forward to seeing more of your Christmas makes.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the sleigh with the reindeer across the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a pretty card, i absolutely love that gorgeous vintage santa! thanks for celebrating an "old fashioned xmas" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete