Tuesday 28 April 2015

Butterfly tied Z-fold card

Hello,
this is the last of the three cards I made for one of the units in the Certificate in Paper Craft I'm studying. It was inspired by a feature in Quick Cards Made Easy magazine - and has even been featured in the letters page of issue 139!

I used a white 8 x 8 card blank scored down the middle and folded back. I matted the folded back front and the inside with silver mirri then cut some some lilac card with a subtle lilac floral pattern on it from a Kanban kit to matt on to the silver. The focal point on the front is an Imagination Crafts butterfly stamped in purple onto white, matted onto Hobbycraft periwinkle pearlescent card, then onto silver and finally onto white. Inside I stamped the same image in pale lilac and added a Tonic Birthday Wishes die cut sentiment on it, plus a Craftwork Cards sentiment in the bottom corner. I even found some lilac organza ribbon with butterflies embossed on it to tie the card to finish it off.




I'd not made anything like this before so was really pleased with the result, I hope you like it too.

Thanks for stopping by, as always any comments you might like to leave are gratefully received,


No comments:

Post a Comment