Friday 27 March 2015

Fairy dreams

Hello there, today I thought I'd play around with the distress papers and Sheena Douglas stamps which came free with Quick Cards made easy as I really liked the look of them.

I printed out the blue and green one cut it down to 7.5 inches and then stamped around and off the edges in black ink and matted and layered it on to black card, then on to a white 8 x 8 card blank. I then used a Tonic Fae Trellis die to cut it from black card, and glued it to the middle of the card. Using a Tattered Lace alphabet die set  I die cut "dream" from black card and stuck the letters randomly in the centre, and decoupaged the extra die cut butterfly on top of the one in the die cut.



I'm entering this card into the My Time to Craft Challenge: Silhouettes.

For the second card I made I just used the distress papers, the purple and orange one this time, and the stamps. Again I stamped around and off the edges in black ink, matted and layered the paper on to black card, and then on to a white 8 x 8 card blank. I also stamped a couple of butterflies and a dragon fly. I stamped a sentiment and used Spellbinders Labels 34 to cut the image and a black card mount. I attached the sentiment to the front of the card using foam pads.



Thanks for stopping by, any comments you'd like to make would be gratefully received.



2 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, Claire! The silhouettes look so elegant against the gorgeous papers! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mags B great to get such encouragement Claire x

      Delete